The Westchester Bank is a full-service bank, located in Westchester County, NY that provides commercial and relationship banking services and offers an array of credit and deposit products for both individual and business clients. We are currently seeking a Commercial Underwriter to join our team. The position will be based in White Plains, NY.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The ideal candidate will function as part of the Credit Department team working on a variety of assignments related to commercial credit transactions. This position includes a combination of functions; some which are routine and others which are completed as deemed necessary including special projects. Maintaining flexibility and a sense of teamwork ensures that the department continues to function efficiently. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Underwriting commercial loans including LOC’s, non-residential commercial mortgages - both owner-occupied and investor real estate, term loans and leases.
• Evaluating consumer loans and recommend approval or declination based on loan policy.
• Assisting commercial lenders with underwriting LOC renewals and new loans, as needed.
• Analyze / Spread business and personal financial statements and tax returns.
• Complete annual reviews of commercial mortgages and terms loans.
• Attending Loan Committee on a regular basis as a non-voting member.
• Assisting lending staff in the loan origination process by prescreening and evaluating loan packages.
• Attend customer meetings with the lenders (as requested).
• Communicate with outside parties, such as attorneys and accountants, when necessary.
• Ordering credit reports, Flood Certifications, EDR reports, and more detailed Phase 1 Environmental reports, when necessary (as backup).
• Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
• 1 - 7 years of direct experience as a commercial underwriter, credit analyst or similar in a financial institution / commercial banking environment preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Strong ability to analyze financial statements, prepare loan presentations, interface with prospects and customers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Computer skills including Windows-based software, word processing and spreadsheet applications; loan spreading software and bank software a plus.
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
A BS or BA degree normally required; specialized credit education and training or equivalent work experience required. Background in accounting, finance or similar preferred. Knowledge of loan documentation a plus.
Background check required, including credit check. We offer a complete benefits package including health, dental, vision. LTD, life insurance, free parking and a 401k with company match.
If interested in this opportunity please send your resume to email@example.com.
The Westchester Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.